Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 6 BOC

-->
This photo shows my editing area which is the space in my office that I spend the most time in. I edit all my images on a 13 inch Mac Book Pro and back them all up on two portable hard drives and online. Since I spend most of my time in this space I have myself a very large desk and a comfortable chair. When I sit down to start my editing process the first thing I do is turn on music to get me in a good mood, adjust the lights and close my office door to keep out distractions. The images are loaded into Adobe Lightroom 3, renamed and backed up right away then it’s onto editing process. My first pass through the images is to delete all the obvious bad images and highlight really good ones. The second pass I actually start color correcting and minor editing still highlighting really good images. The third pass through the images I will open the highlighted images in Photoshop and Nix softwares for custom editing. My style is I heavily edit my images with a vintage look, I have presets that I have created myself and purchased presets. In this image I decided to focus on the laptop that I’m editing on instead of myself since editing is the focus. I added a camera, book and props to make it more interesting , which usually wouldn’t be there. I used a on camera flash and window light to in this image to make it more natural lokking.

No comments:

Post a Comment