Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 7 BOC: Colloge




To create a collage that truly represents me I decided to include different elements in it. The first thing that included in the collage is some of my recent work as a photographer to show my style as an artist and an image of the camera I use. I also included my wife Deborah and my fours kids Canyon, Clay, Cash and Marcus because family is very important to me. Another very important thing to me is my faith so I added a cross to represent my Christian beliefs. The logo of my company The Pin Up Bride was added to piece it all together in the fact that my photography, family life , business and religion all connect together and I try to be the best at all these things. I decided not to put a picture of myself in the collage so the focus would be more on what defines me as an artist and person instead of what I look like. Collages have been used for many years in many ways in art, I like them because there is no wrong or right way to make them and people seem to enjoy viewing them. I regularly make collages of a few of my favorite images from a Wedding or photo shoot that I do to use as a preview for clients to see. The Wedding collage gives me an opportunity to be artistic in combing multiple scenes of the Wedding into one.  The application I use to make all my collages is Collage Creator for Mac, this application gives you many options to customize including resize, background color and border color. There are many different applications to create collages out there, the challenge is the creativity of choosing the images that you want to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment