Monday, August 6, 2012

Week 3 Photo Challenge:You Incredible





This weekly photo challenge was extra challenging due to the fact that it was a self-portrait and a incredible scene together. A self-portrait alone is easy but figuring out a amazing situation was much more difficult. A normal day in my life includes many amazing situations but none that really would make a good self-portrait scene, so to find a perfect setting I decided to take a small road trip to Prescott Arizona. My wives parents live in Prescott ,Arizona, I absolutely love the Landscape in Arizona which has become a passion of mine as a hobby of Landscape Photography in Prescott. The main subject of my landscape photography in Prescott are Dead Trees, I call the project Forgotten Trees.  The amount of beauty hidden deep in the forest, of trees, that have either fallen down or burnt down absolutely amaze me. If the trees haven’t fallen down yet, there are hundreds more that are dead and still standing and beautiful all the same. To me incredible is walking through this massive forest with beauty all around and creating art from trees that have been forgotten by most. The setting for a self -portrait for me couldn’t be anywhere but this amazing landscape that I love so much. To take the self-portrait I hiked deep in the woods until I found the perfect tree that would fit for my self-portrait. I found a tree that not only was fallen it was also burnt; it was perfect! Next step was to set up my camera and tripod, check my composition and exposure and set the self timer. Once this was all set all that was left was to sit on the tree and create my self-portrait. In the portrait I didn’t look at the camera or smile because I didn’t want to take away from the beauty of the setting. In the end I believe this image is a real reflection of my Incredible You.

No comments:

Post a Comment