Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week 8 BOC:Gentlemens Relish








The photo challenge for this week is inspired by the movie Gentlemen’s relish, the photo is a artistic black and white nude. People have many opinions on nude photography in my opinion as long as it is done tastefully it is a beautiful art form. I chose to use an image that I had taken at a Boudoir workshop in 2010 for the challenge. This image was my first experience doing nudes and it changed my path as a photographer it made me view nudes as a art form and made me much more comfortable booking boudoir and maternity sessions. Many aspects must go into a nude session to make it look good and to make the model comfortable such as lighting, posing and overall mood. I like to talk to the model or client before the session to find out how comfortable they are with nudity and how they want the session to go. This dialogue makes the model or client comfortable and they know how the session will play out. Lighting is another big element in nude photography depending the body type of the model the lighting can make them look beautiful or not so beautiful. Editing over everything is my secret weapon for nudes, boudoir and maternity I can make most imperfection on a woman’s body disappear, this is a technique that isn’t discussed with the model before the session but always blows them away when they see what they look like as if I have a magic lens on my camera. This image was taken in a hotel room with a black backdrop using a single strobe with a strip bank attached. The single strip bank created very nice directional light while still keeping it soft to make her skin look soft. I used a Nikon D700 camera with a 24-70 lens and edited in Adobe Lightroom to make it black and white, then uploaded to Photoshop to add the frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment