Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 6 Eoc : How art changed me


Art has changed my life in a big way, in many different aspects. My career for ten years was working night shifts bartending and managing restaurants never spending time with my family or enjoying life when the sun was up. Today as a photographer I go to bed by 10:00pm and wake up by 6:00am and spend the day working as a photographer and spending much more time with my family, the quality of life is much better now. Although I do find myself at times a bit more secluded from society and get stuck in my own creative world in my office and sometimes have to force myself to pick up the phone and call a friend or go socialize in general. I have a greater understanding now of what goes into to certain things that we see everyday such as billboards, magazines, flyers, signs etc I tend to see everything in a way of how was it done and could I have done it. I also look at photographs and tend to see them differently now seeing lighting patterns and compositions that were used. This way of looking at things has actually spread to seeing everything this way, how I would photograph certain situation, how I would light it and what angles I would do it from. In whole Photography or art has made my life more complete in the fact that I don’t just wake up at midnight go make money go home sleep and repeat process, I actually wake up create what I want to create that day see what I want to see do what I want to do then go to sleep, and enjoy every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment