Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 1 Photo Challenge


I first saw Rob Van Petten at the 2012 WPPI Conference in Las Vegas giving a speech on the new Nikon D800 Camera. Sitting at Rob’s speech that day inspired me to pursue fashion and editorial photography.  I now regularly visit Rob’s website for inspiration and to see his newest work. The attention to detail and the production that goes into to Rob’s work is what draws me to him, everyone of his shoots is like a movie set.
            Rob Van Petten’s image I chose for my self -portrait has a awesome story behind how it was made. Rob his crew and the model found the tallest building around headed to the roof and stuck the model on the ledge for close to a hour to get this shot. The main reason for choosing this image is it takes photography to another level and it’s different.
            To create my self -portrait using this image was tricky at first since I couldn’t find it anywhere besides his website gallery. The first step was taking a screen shot of the image of his website which hurt me to since I would hate if someone did to my images.. Anyways next step I opened the screen shot in photoshop along with my headshot. Using minor photoshop skills I was easily able to combine the two images to create my constructed self portrait.



Source of Original Photo By Rob Van Petten

No comments:

Post a Comment