Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 1 EOC Stalions not Unicorns


            Photography is more than taking pictures, it’s art, it’s passion and it’s what you make of it. Almost everyone carries a camera taking pictures with their cell phone or small digital camera but most don’t have the passion to take it farther to be a career. I started as a photographer at the age of fifteen when I took my first photography course in high school. The very first time I shot a roll of film and developed it in the dark room, it was an instant passion… I was hooked. The only problem was I didn’t have a dark room to develop and make prints so I took a different career path while still keeping photography very much in my life as a hobby. Fast forward thirteen years and my skills and passion for photography have dramatically increased and there is no longer a need for a darkroom.  As owner and lead photographer at Ralph James photography, it is now my career and what I have quickly learned is it ‘s what you make of it. Ralph James photography will be a well- known name in the Wedding and Fashion industries alike. I plan to only do a select few high-end wedding per year concentrating on the true art of Wedding Photography. Fashion photography will be my main business focus shooting for companies such as Chanel and Gucci and magazines like Vogue. The quality of my work will be the foundation of reaching this goal of being a high-end Wedding and Fashion photographer. Along with quality, it will take connections that I have built over the years and new connections by networking. I will have a strong marketing plan and know exactly what client I’m after and not stop until I have them. Ralph James Photography will have a studio in New York and  in Hollywood California.  The New York studio will be larger due to the high demand for magazine shoots there, California will have a smaller studio/ office space. The ability to shoot fashion in both Hollywood and New York will give a huge advantage to build connections on the East and West Coast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment